‘. . . a tailor-made environment for plants that allows for further expansion and draws upon its own natural water supply ‘
March 2005 saw CFI move to its new state of the art, purpose built facility within a stone’s throw of the M25. This location was specifically selected for ease of access, further expansion capability as well as its own natural water supply. The new 1 acre glasshouse facility was designed and built from scratch and complements the remaining 6 acres of fully water networked standing plant display areas.
In excess of 20,000 litres of water is distributed each day over the entire site, this is integrated with a solution of nutrients according to the most up to date standards. The slow-acting fertiliser mix, which lasts proportionally according to the length of time the plant is in the pot optimises growth while the plant is held and acclimatised by us and allows the plant to flourish when they are placed for sale at the clients’ location.
• 1400sq m loading and despatch area.
• Docking stations to facilitate up to 3 articulated lorries at any one time to speed up loading and un-loading.
• Fully air conditioned conferencing rooms / client seminar facility.
• 4,000 sq m glass to display and hold Palms, Citrus and Olive’s stock.
• 400 sq m polytunnel.
• 300 sq m shadehouse.
• 6 acre of prepared and water networked standing areas to facilitate hardy plants.
• Dedicated lake, filtration and pumping station to ensure integrity of each and every plant.